Code of Conduct
NEVIR has drawn up the following Code of Conduct for investor relations practitioners. This reflects our view of best practices for all those engaged in our profession.
As a member of NEVIR…
- I undertake to practise investor relations with honour and integrity, in compliance with accepted professional standards and ethical norms.
- I undertake to practise investor relations with absolute probity, avoiding even the perception of impropriety.
- I acknowledge that the integrity of capital markets relies upon the transparency and trustworthiness of business information, both financial and non-financial, and therefore undertake to do everything within my power to ensure that my company or client releases such information as completely and as correctly as possible.
- I undertake to ensure that analysts, institutional and individual investors, the media and other stakeholders are given equal access to business information.
- I undertake to maintain a sufficient and appropriate level of awareness and professional ability in respect of the business of my company or client, developments at or affecting it and the laws and regulations applicable to the practice of investor relations.
- I undertake to respect the confidentiality of information received in the course of my work.
- I undertake to make no improper use of any information received in the course of my work, including usage in pursuit of material gain for myself or others.
NEVIR expects its members to comply fully with the Code of Conduct at all times. Rather than enforcing observance through the threat of disciplinary sanctions, we prefer to uphold the code by supporting and encouraging activities that foster a spirit of ethical professionalism amongst members. Nonetheless, as provided for in the statutes of the association, the Board is empowered to impose penalties upon members who are found by a duly authorised body to be in breach of the Code of Conduct.